What does the North Cornwall Motor Racing Club do?
The North Cornwall Motor Racing Club meets about every three weeks between Easter and October at various tracks in Cornwall and Devon. We normally have eight types of race:
- Unlimited Bangers.
- Rookie Bangers.
- Banger Rods Front Wheel Drive 0–1449cc (non-contact).
- Banger Rods Front Wheel Drive 1450cc and over (non-contact).
- Banger Rods Rear Wheel Drive 0–1599cc (non-contact).
- Banger Rods Rear Wheel Drive 1600cc and over (non-contact).
- Juniors 0–1600cc (non-contact).
- Novices/Mechanics and Past Masters (non-contact).
Racing takes its toll on engines
At some meetings there are also special feature races such as:
- Combine harvesters.
- Demolition Derby.
- Hare and hounds (bangers chase another banger towing a caravan, and the winner is the first banger to end up inside the caravan and stay there for one lap).
- Three-wheelers (Reliant Robins).
- Bus and coach demolition (about as spectacular as you can get, but very messy, so they don't tend to happen very often).
The coach demolition in progress
If you would like more information, please send the club an e-mail.